ELVINETTE® - Bioequivalent to Yasminelle®
- Contains 0.02mg ethinylestradiol and 3mg drospirenone, exactly the same active ingredients as Yasminelle®¹-²
- Indicated for the prevention of pregnancy in women who elect to use an oral contraceptive¹
- Inhibits ovulation & causes changes in the endometrium¹
- Contains drospirenone which exhibits both antiandrogenic & antimineralocorticoid properties¹
- Drospirenone has a pharmacological profile resembling the natural hormone progesterone¹
- Is highly effective when taken correctly & consistently¹-⁴
- ELVINETTE™ has a Pearl Index of 0.31¹
- Contains Soya lecithin - Patients with allergies to soya or peanut should not be prescribed ELVINETTE™1
- ELVINETTE™ is non GMS reimbursed
ELVINETTE™ is suitable for use in the following patient groups:⁵-⁶
- Women who want autonomy and control over their menstrual cycle
- Women aged up to 50 years with no other medical conditions
- Women with a BMI of ≤34kg/m² who do not smoke
- Women ≥6 months postpartum if fully breast feeding
- Women ≥6 weeks postpartum if not breast feeding
- Women with dysmenorrhoea who have an irregular, heavy or prolonged bleeding pattern
- Women with endometriosis
1. Elvinette® SmPC
2. Yasminelle® SmPC
available at www.medicines.ie
3. MIMS Ireland (August 2017) 'Contraception' MPI Media Ltd, Dublin.
4. Krattenmacher, R. 2000 Drospirenone: pharmacology and pharmacokinetics of a unique progestogen. Contraception. 2000 Jul;62(1):29-38.
(Updated January 2007) London: FSRH, 2007.
5. WHO Guidelines. Medical Eligibility Criteria for contraceptive use 2015 update.
6. Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health Care (FSRH). UK Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use. UKMEC 2016. London: FSRH, 2016