Violite ® - a cost effective equivalent to Microlite®
- Contains 20 mcg ethinylestradiol and 100mcg levonorgestrel, exactly the same active ingredients as Microlite®¹-²
- Violite is GMS Reimbursed
- Indicated for the prevention of pregnancy in women who elect to use an oral contraceptive¹
- Violite TM has a Pearl Index of 0.44
- Inhibits ovulation & causes changes in the cervical secretion¹
- Reliable, reversible form of contraception if used correctly¹
By changing your patients to VIOLITE™ from Microlite® you can help save them money on their 3 month contraceptive prescription3
View pricing comparison with originator brand
VIOLITE™ is suitable for use in the following patient groups:⁵-⁶
- Women who want autonomy and control over their menstrual cycle
- Women aged up to 50 years with no other medical conditions
- Women with a BMI of ≥34kg/m2 who do not smoke
- Women ≥6 months postpartum if breast feeding
- Women ≥21 days postpartum if not breast feeding
- Women with dysmenorrhoea who have an irregular, heavy or prolonged bleeding pattern
- Women with endometriosis
- Violite™ SmPC
- Microlite® SmPC
available at www.medicines.ie
- MIMS Ireland (August 2017) "Contraception" MPI Media Ltd, Dublin.
- Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health Care (FSRH). First Prescription of Combined Oral Contraception. Clinical Effectiveness Unit July 2006 (Updated January 2007) London: FSRH, 2007.
- Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Health Care (FSRH). UK Medical Eligibility Criteria for Contraceptive Use. UKMEC 2016. London: FSRH, 2016.
- WHO Guidelines. Medical Eligibility Criteria for contraceptive use 2015 update.